On July 23, 2006, bronze sculptures of the White Sox double play duo: Luis Aparicio and Nellie Fox, were unveiled at US Cellular Field. The Hall of Famers were part of the high octane Go-Go Sox of 1959 and both have their number retired by the White Sox. Artists Gary Tillery (Aparicio) and Oscar León (Fox) of the Fine Art Studio of Rotblatt Amrany, along with Luis Aparicio and family as well as Nellie’s wife, Joanne Fox, and their daughter, were present for the ceremony.
“Joanne Fox was visibly moved after she lifted the cloth off the statue, touching the replica of her husband’s face and also touching his outstretched hand. In a speech following the unveiling, Fox became emotional as she thanked the White Sox fans and organization for still remembering her husband after all these years.”
-Scott Merkin MLB.com “Aparicio, Fox honored with statutes”, July 23, 2006
Alchemist Foundry in Kalamazoo, MI cast the bronzes of Aparicio and Fox. The granite bases were fabricated by Stonecutters, Inc. of Glenview, IL.